Be a Part of Our Team!
At Shepherd Village Inc. we believe in providing service excellence to our residents, our visitors and our staff. We are a unique mature adult campus providing a continuum of care and services to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the older adult from independent living to long term care.
Shepherd Village is always looking for dedicated, caring individuals to join our dynamic team, and we offer a number of incentives for qualified applicants.
Employees enjoy a friendly, faith based atmosphere and benefits, which include:
- Opportunities to join committees (i.e. Unit Teams, Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee, Education Committee)
- A supportive learning environment, with opportunities for internal and external career development
- Competitive wages and an excellent benefit program
- A confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities to mentor new graduates and students from educational institutions such as Centennial College, Georgian College, etc.
- Regular staff appreciation events, such as our annual Winter and Summer Fair
Make a difference by joining our distinctive and caring family of employees and clients that will value your contributions.
How to Apply
To apply to a position at Shepherd Village, select one of the positions below and click 'Apply Now'
Remember to attach your Cover Letter and Resume to the email.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly identify the position you are applying for.
We are accepting resumes for the following positions:
Applicants are contacted based on availability of vacant positions. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please note, Shepherd Village operates under the regulations of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and the Retirement Homes Act, 2010. As a result, any applicant that is interviewed and subsequently offered employment, must have the following documents prior to hiring.
1) a valid Vulnerable-Sector Criminal Record Check (VSCRC) for Employment completed by your local Police Department. Estimated processing time varies by region.
Toronto Police Services
Durham Regional Police
Peel Region Police
York Region Police
2) a two-step Mantoux (TB) skin test. If step 1 is positive, you must have the results of a chest x-ray.
Both VSCRC and TB test results listed above must have been completed within the last 6-months to be considered valid.